Friday, June 09, 2006

Hazy times; Unclear thoughts

I really don't know what is it that I want to write about in this post. There are so many lessons, may be all small ones, that I have learnt over the last month but was not able to share with all of you, because of the trying times that I was going through. The clouds seem to be clearing now and the sky seems to be becoming brighter as I try to piece my thoughts together again. It is a month since my last post and so I thought I should share my thoughts even if they are not about anything very concrete.

It has really been a battle living life this past month. It was mostly clouded with thoughts of despair. But like I have read somewhere, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. It is just important to keep up that journey to the end. I have always believed that God gives each person as much trouble a person is capable of handling and when it is time he will step in with the solution. I probably needed to go through all these travails to re-discover myself and my courage and conviction to live my dreams.

I tried hard to base this post of mine on one particular learning, but that seems to be hard. So, I am just going to list what all I have learnt and discovered the past month.

  1. Accept to yourself what you really are and what you want out of life. This is important even if it means you are going to accept to something totally opposite to your present beliefs.
  2. Try to talk about your fears to the ones whom you trust even if it means it might lead to some sour moments.
  3. Muster the courage to make decisions that will give you peace and happiness.
  4. The most important thing is to make decisions that you think will be right and will lead to happiness for yourself and for all around you. This might in the present be a very painful decision which might put people you love and care about into some trouble and inconvenience. But, if you strongly believe that this is the right thing to do at the moment, then you have to decide to go ahead, considering the long term benefits.
  5. Sometimes, your loved ones are the not the only ones who can help you out, especially when your loved one is himself or herself undergoing a lot of stress. Look to friends whom you hold dear to help pull you out of the rut. Believe me, you would be surprised to find out how much your close friends are willing to do for you in your trying times. I am really lucky enough to have a freind like that!! Thanks my friend:-)
  6. It is very difficult to stay positive at such trying times, but you have to try your best to concentrate on the solution to the problem, rather than the problem itself. So be receptive to people who offer solutions. Don't be offended thinking that they don't understand your feelings.
  7. As many of you know, I am big fan of Robin Sharma, the author of 'The monk who sold his Ferrari'. And I have more than a couple of times read in his blog about how we have to face our fears to tide over them and feel a great surge of self-confidence. Infact, the topic of his blog today is 'Fear as Growth' and he says 'A fear is nothing more than a doorway into the highest version of your highest vision'. I sincerely believe this is true.
  8. One more thing about living your dream is that when you decide whole heartedly to make your dream a reality, people and opportunities and ideas crop up from everywhere, even from quarters you thought never existed. You suddenly see ideas and positive vibes all around you.
  9. Last of all, once you decide to live your dream, don't change your mind or swerve from your decision. Give it your best and leave it to the superior force above you (I didn't say GOD, because I happen to have freinds who are atheists and very frankly I myself don't know if the one word GOD could sum up all that is beyond our powers!).

I hope I didn't sound like a philospher:-) I just shared what I have been feeling.

2 comments:

Sriganesh said...

Life is a cycle.

Anonymous said...

It's brave of you to share life's lessons as you learn them. Keep them coming!