Sunday, November 23, 2008

People + Perspectives = Peace or Pain

I was going to write this blog post when I had felt, a while ago, that my perspective of life, as against someone whom I knew, brought me peace. It is ironical that in just a couple of weeks since then, I now have decided to write this post because I feel my perspectives are bringing me pain, pain and more pain.

I have always tried to reason out every failure, every success, every happy moment and every sad moment. In this course of self-analysis, which for the most part led to a lot of unhappiness, I did also find a lot of things that helped me (or so I thought) piece life together. I also got an opportunity to understand myself and my problems better. I kept asking myself questions even at the risk of going crazy because somewhere I believed in the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’.

In all this thinking and analysis, I also realized that my perspectives are not always right and that not always everything I want is the best for me. In fact many a times I had to swallow my pride and accept that my thinking was wrong (thought it was honest and earnest). Sometimes, I had felt like I had struggled a lot and therefore deserved a lot of fairness in the way life treated me. When I started thinking with this lens on my mind’s eye, I was frustrated, because I was still being given a raw deal. Then with time and more thinking, I started to realize that there is a plan in how the universe unfolded and that I was part of the plan and that I had to first accept my place and purpose in that plan to understand why things were happening the way they were. Ever since then, I have felt a peace that helps me tide over tough times. This doesn’t mean that I don’t feel pain anymore. I would be lying if I said that. For even now, I am experiencing pain like I haven’t before. A very different kind of pain!

The pain I am feeling now was also of my own doing, my perspectives in the past which have ruined my present. However, I feel like I have the strength now to at least think clearly when the pain subsides every few moments. And in that moment I feel peace and that is the peace I’m talking about as related to my perspective now. M perspective now that, “Yes, this is happening to me, and this pain is hurting, but there is a way I can deal with this” gives me strength and a moment of peace. And I hold on to that moment of peace and strength hoping and believing that things will change for the better.

1 comment:

Baskar said...

Hi..

It is like wine maturing over years...

I have been shown same lessons...

A few pointers for you..

1. There is a zen term called Koan. Which means a question given to think over. Here is a Buddhist koan Charaiveti which means keep going...

2. What happens happens of it own accord. If you are prone to get it you will else even if you hunt for it you wont. - Ramana Maharshi

3. Chaos Theory - A butterfly flapping it wings in brazil creates a Tornado in Japan.

4. Pain and pleasure treat both as Impostors... - forgot who coined this

Regarding Ego,Mine wasnt worth swallowing so I spat it out.

Think over the pointers..