Thursday, December 06, 2007

Quotes from 'My Hero'

I happened to see an interview of Kamal Hasan in a Malyalam channel when I was on holiday in Kerala recently. As usual, I was bowled over by his thought provoking views. I seem to be going very close to idolizing him!

I just wanted to put down two quotes from his interview as it struck me as very profound. So here go.

1. To a question about religion(I didn't hear the question fully as I just then switched on the TV), he said, "Would anyone ask a man if he is a man or a woman or what he did with his wife yesterday night? Religion is just as personal. No one should ask anyone else about it." I thought this was a beautiful way of looking at religion and that if everyone thought of it this way, may be we will have more peace and harmony in our universe.

2. The host questioned him about whether he was afraid of aging. To which he answered, "No. Why would I? I look at life as a journey and death as a part of that journey; So, I can't be scared of it. Every sentence has a full stop, otherwise the sentence will become boring. It's the same with life." I was so enthralled with this analogy, I couldn't stop thinking about it. So, obviously the next thing was to blog about it.

I am not sure how this goes down with all of you, but because I caught myself thinking so much about it, I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to put it down for those of you who would want to reflect on it.

No comments: